Connect with Us
People's City Mission Needs YOU!
It's true! People's City Mission is looking for someone with your interests, qualifications and motivation to serve. As a volunteer, you can communicate Christ's love and care in a special way, one that will deeply touch the hearts of the homeless and low-income. Of course, the needs are endless!
To meet these needs, People's City Mission depends upon God's abundant supply of caring people who have heard God's call. Whether you are young or old, male or female, employed or at home, a student, whatever you do, you can make a difference. People's City Mission needs you to be part of Lincoln's largest outreach to the homeless and impoverished.
Please contact a Volunteer Coordinator, for more information. Volunteer opportunities are listed under the categories of "Individuals" and "Groups" (see the navigation to the left). Scroll down find a list of volunteer coordinators and applications. All applicants must also complete a Release of Information Form, which allows the Mission to do background checks on all volunteers. Please note: anyone convicted of a sex offense is not allowed at the Shelter or Homeless Prevention Center.
Besides Volunteering, there are so many other ways your group can make an impact for the homeless and
near-homeless in Lincoln. Here are just a few additional ways you can help!
- Do a fundraiser or drive (food, clothing, diapers, bedding, coats, hygiene products, etc.)
- Write notes of encouragement to our guests
- Make sack lunches for our guests (a list of guidelines will be provided)
- Bake homemade goodies & treats
- Create center-pieces for our dining room tables or seasonal decorations
- Be an advocate for the Mission on our social media channels: like, comment on and share our updates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram & Pinterest!
For Medical Clinic Volunteer Forms, click here.
Mission Shelter Opportunities:
Homeless Prevention Center Opportunities:
Free Clinic Opportunities:
Fundraisers and/or Drive Opportunities:
Director of Community Relations